Montreal (Quebec) - 2017-09-11 00:00:00
ALT HOTELS CELEBRATE 10 UN-CONVENTIONAL YEARS!
TEN REASONS TO EMBRACE THIS BANNER RAPIDLY EXPANDING FROM COAST TO COAST
In September 2017, Group Germain Hotels will celebrate the 10th anniversary of its Alt banner. Since the opening of Alt Hotel Quartier DIX30 in Brossard in 2007, the banner has become increasingly popular with business and leisure travelers, and today includes seven hotels from the east to the west of Canada. Within a year, this number will increase to 11 with the opening of new Alt Hotels in St. John's, Saskatoon and Calgary, in addition to the Alt+ Hotel that will be located in Brossard. Alt Hotels has several events and promotions planned to mark the occasion and delight their guests!
“Stay unconventional" is the motto at Alt Hotels, but what exactly sets them apart? Here are 10 reasons as original as they are unmatched in the hotel industry:
- No set checkout time: Guests who reserve their stay directly by phone or on the website of an Alt Hotel have no set checkout time, a first in the Canadian hotel industry.
- Fixed rates: At Alt, there is no daily fluctuation in the rate, even if a festival or a big event is in full swing.
- Eco-responsible features: Alt Hotels use geothermal energy for heating and air conditioning. Alt Hotel Quartier DIX30 was the first hotel in Canada to use this technology. Guests also benefit from charging stations for electric vehicles.
- An environment for relaxation and well-being: “Nama-Stay”, a series of online yoga videos that allow guests to do regenerative yoga sessions in the comfort of their room - yoga mat included.
- Animal lovers: Well-behaved dogs and pets are welcome in Alt Hotels. A cozy bed and an eating area are also available for pets.
- Comfort in style: The ultra-comfortable rooms and meeting spaces are flooded with natural light thanks to their oversized windows. Guests also appreciate the contemporary, intelligent design of the rooms and common areas that invite relaxation and socializing.
- An inspiring space: Creative lounges are available for guests in the majority of Alt Hotels to hold informal meetings. There’s nothing better than comfortable sofas, inviting ottomans and a colourful and friendly environment to get the creative juices flowing.
- A focus on buying local: Alt Hotels place great importance on buying local. For example, the employees wear clothing designed by Canadian creators, and the works of art hanging in the rooms and common areas are all works by Canadian artists.
- Colorful works of art: Altexpo, an impressive mural located in the lobby of each hotel, is a collective work of art made up of thousands of photos from various contests held on Instagram. Guests can contribute and post their photos on the screens of the mural by using the #Altexpo hashtag.
10 years, it’s a celebration!
As for the tenth reason it’s unconventional way that Alt Hotels are celebrating their anniversary - by pampering their guests! Between September 15 and 21, hotel guests will get to enjoy a number of little surprise touches such as mimosas in the morning, sweet treats and a festive cocktail reception on September 21, the banner’s official birthday. Finally, one guest from each of the seven Alt Hotels will be chosen at random to win one night’s stay at the low price of $10 during the festivities.
“The past 10 years have been very exciting for us," said Christiane Germain, co-president of Group Germain Hotels. "We are proud to welcome a growing number of loyal guests under the Alt banner, which stands out more and more on the Canadian hotel scene. Even better, we are truly pleased to take advantage of this tenth anniversary to pamper our guests in our unconventional way. "
About Group Germain Hotels
Group Germain Hotels is a family-run business that owns and operates Le Germain Hotels and Alt Hotels across Canada. Ranked as one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed companies, Group Germain Hotels is renowned for the impeccable warmth and style that characterizes its hotels. Since opening their very first property in 1988, the 1000 staff members of Group Germain Hotels have welcomed a multitude of guests, totaling nearly 4 million overnight stays to date. Visit www.groupegermain.com.
About Alt Hotels
At Alt Hotels, we march to a different beat by giving guests the best of what they want without any extra fluff. Located in Winnipeg, Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Brossard, Quebec City, Halifax and soon St. John’s, all of our properties are carefully crafted to combine eco-friendly comfort within sleek urban spaces – all designed with guests in mind. What’s more, our rooms are available at the same affordable rate, every day, all year round. Visit www.althotels.com or follow us on Twitter and Instagram: @AltHotel / Facebook: Alt Hotels
– 30 –
- Julie Tremblay
- Public Relations Manager | Group Germain Hotels
- email@example.com | 514 954-0702